Volta Private Phone Pro
Quick Start Guide
Welcome to VoltaOS
Your mobile device is powered by VoltaOS that provides unparalleled levels of user privacy. This guide will help you set up your device for the first time.
- Internet Connection (WiFi preferably)
- At least 33% battery charge
What’s in the box
Your Volta Private Phone comes with all the essentials you need to start your private experience off right. Every box includes:
- Volta Private Phone device
- USB cable type-C
- International traveller 20w fast charger
- Grip enhancing phone case
- SIM ejector tool
- Screen protector (including dry and wet wipes for seamless application on the screen)
Please complete the following steps BEFORE installing your SIM card.
1. Please tap here to create a phone account. Then return to this page and continue to set up your phone.
2. Press and hold the power button to turn on your device.
3. Select your preferred language from the dropdown menu. Then tap Next at the bottom of the screen.
4. Connect the device to the internet using WiFi. Once connected, tap the back arrow to go back to the previous menu then and tap Next.
5. Log into your phone using the login credentials you just created.
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Passord: your Volta password
6. After you log in the first time, your phone will download information from our secure server and then reboot.
7. After the reboot completes, select your preferred screen lock method – PIN or Password.
8. Type your Lock Screen PIN/Password and re-type it to confirm.
9. You will then see the apps being downloaded to your device. You can tap ‘Next’, and the apps will continue to download in the background.
- If during the set-up process a pop-up appears asking you to allow apps to access your network, please approve that access. Later you can change app access rights in Settings.
Update the OS
Volta is constantly updating the VoltaOS to make it more secure and easier to use.
Before using your phone, please update the OS:
1. You will likely see a notification to update your OS. Please download and install this update.
2. If you do not see an OS update notification, then swipe down from the top of the screen
2. Tap on the OS Update
3. Approve downloading the OS update
4. Install the OS update
After the OS update completes, your phone will reboot. Please enter your PIN or password to unlock the phone and use it.
Now you can install your Volta SIM card.
SIM Card Installation
Use the SIM eject tool to open the SIM slot
Take out the SIM card tray and insert your Volta SIM card into SIM slot one.
Insert the SIM tray back into the device.
You can use SIM slot two for a second SIM card or an SD card.
Log into the Volta App
While still connected to WiFi, log into the Volta App using your Volta Private Number and Password.
Activate Your SIM Card
While logged into the Volta Wireless App, go to Settings and tap My Account.
Then tap Manage SIM. Next to your SIM card, tap the button “Activate”.
Exit My Account and then Exit the Volta Wireless App.
Configure Your APN
In order to secure your SIM card’s connection to the mobile network, please configure your APN.
- Go to Settings
- Swipe down from the top of the homescreen
- After the menu appears, swipe down from the top again
- Tap the cog icon in the bottom-right of this new menu
- Select Network & Internet
- Select Mobile Data
- If not already activated, activate Mobile Data and Roaming
- Tap Advanced near the bottom of the screen
- Scroll down until Access Point Names is visible and Select Access Point Names
- On APNs screen tap the + symbol in the top-right of the screen to add a new APN
- Enter the name Volta
- Tap APN and enter globaldata. Then tap OK.
- Save the APN by tapping the 3 vertical dots and tapping Save
- Exit out of the APN Menu
Test Your Connection
To test the connection to the mobile network, deactivate WiFi.
At the top right of the screen, signal strength should be visible, and you should see 5G, 4G+, 4G or LTE. If you see a small letter R, please ignore it.
If signal strenth is not visible or is very low, or if you see 3G, most likely your device has not yet updated its connection settings.
Please turn the device off for 60 seconds and then turn it back on again. This should cause the device to re-register on the networks, and you should see 5G, 4G or LTE appear.
Finally, you may test that connectivity by opening your browser and going to voltawireless.com. If it loads quickly, then the Volta SIM card is working correctly.
You can now open the Volta app and start making and receiving calls and messages securely on the Volta network.
Setting up the Volta Vault and Calendar Apps
Before changing modes for the first time, you should go ahead and set up your passwords for the Volta Vault app and the Volta Calendar app.
Please open each app and type in a new password.
This password does not have to be the same password as the one used on your Volta account. These passwords will keep your Vault and Calendar apps completely secure.
Changing Phone Modes
Up until now, everything you have done has been in the Pro Mode. Now it is time to complete set up of the VoltaOS standard mode.
To switch modes and set up the Volta OS standard mode, please:
1. Tap and hold the power button until a menu appears.
2. A menu will appear with the option to reboot in another mode. Please select that option.
3. Your phone will reboot in the VoltaOS standard mode.
4. To begin using your Volta phone in standard mode, you will need to log into your Volta Wireless app and set up your APN. Please follow the same instructions you followed for setting these up in Pro mode.
Please note that each time you will switch modes, you will have to re-log into the Volta Wireless app in the new mode. While this may be inconvenient, it is for your security.
Now you can install your Volta SIM card.
volta private phone pro
To move your contacts from your old mobile phone to your new Volta Private Phone, you will need to export your contacts as a .vcf file, transfer that file to your computer and then download that file onto your Volta Private Phone Pro by connecting your Volta Private Phone Pro to your computer using the provided USB cable while the phone will be in the standard mode.
Then just open the Contacts app and select the option to import a .vcf file.
If that seems a little too complicated, there are a number of 3rd-party services you can use to transfer your contacts and files to your new Volta phone.
To use your contacts in the Pro mode, please save your vcf file to the Vault app in standard mode. Then switch to the Pro mode and open the Vault app.
Save your vcf file to your regular file manager in Pro mode. Then open the Contacts app in Pro mode, and you will be able to import your vcf file in the Pro mode.
Each device comes with a pre-applied protector that helps you to prevent screen scratches. The pre-applied screen will not prevent screen cracks from physical damage. It was applied just to protect the screen in transit.
To protect the screen against physical damage, make sure to apply the screen protector that comes additionally inside the package. To do that,
- First remove the thin pre-applied screen protector.
- Then use the wet wipe to clear the surface.
- Use the dry wipe after to ensure dryness of the surface.
- Once you ensure that the screen is dry and completely clean, you can apply your new screen protector.
Besides providing a strong protection against screen damage, the screen protector will also enhance your privacy by restricting visual access, ensuring that only you are able to see what’s on your screen.
Please observe the following safety guidelines when using your Volta mobile device:
Do not store your device at temperatures lower than -20°C or higher than 55°C, even if the device is turned off. Do not use your device at temperatures lower than -10°C or higher than 45°C.
Always stay in compliance with local traffic laws and regulations regarding mobile phone use while operating a vehicle. Do not rest your device on top of an airbag. Always secure your device while in a moving vehicle.
Airport and In-Air Use
Your device can safely pass through X-ray machines at airport security. While in flight, follow all posted and verbal instructions regarding safe in-air use of mobile devices.
Do not use your device in areas where a spark may ignite a fire or explosion. Follow posted signs regarding safe mobile phone use.
Use Near Medical Devices
Your device emits electronic fields as part of normal operation. These fields may interfere with medical devices such as pacemakers. Consult with the medical device manufacturer and/or your physician regarding the safe use of your device near medical equipment.
To prevent possible hearing loss, do not listen to audio on your device at high volume levels for prolonged periods of time.
Use only the power adapter provided with your Volta mobile device. The supplied charger is compatible with most power sockets and can be used globally. Use a USB Type-C cable to connect to your device.
Avoid exposing your device to liquids or heat sources. These may cause considerable damage to your device or cause the battery to explode.
Handle your device with care. Dropping your device may crack the display or cause other internal damage.
Do not attempt to open the back panel or replace the battery of your Volta mobile device. Such procedures should be performed only by authorized repair centers. Attempting to open the back panel or replacing the battery will void the warranty of your device.
Your Volta mobile device and/or its battery must be disposed of separately from household waste and in compliance with local laws and regulations.
Volta mobile devices purchased through the authorized sales channels come with a limited warranty.
The duration of this warranty is dependent on the original country or region of purchase and is only redeemable within the original country or region.
Unless otherwise specified, this warranty covers the product’s hardware components as originally supplied and does not cover, or partially covers, software, consumable items, or accessories, even if packaged or sold together with the product.
The limited warranty only covers functional defects of the product caused by workmanship or build materials.